We are an Independent Baptist Church that stands on the Truth revealed to us through the Bible. For clarity, we have listed our core values on the left and a summary of our Statement of Faith on the right. If you are interested in reading our full Statement of Faith, click here.
Our Core Values:
Summary of Statement of Faith:
- We believe the Bible to be the verbally inspired Word of God, inerrant in the original manuscripts, and the sufficient and final authority for all matters of faith, practice, and life (2 Tim. 3:16).
- We believe God is triune, being three in person and one in essence. The Father, Son, and Spirit are equally God but are three in person. This God is the center of our worship (Matt. 28:19-20).
- We believe in the sovereign rule of the Father who assumes headship of all that He created and continues to care and sustain in providence all that exists (Isa. 40).
- We believe that the eternal Son took on human flesh, being born of a
virgin,and that Jesus Christ is truly God and truly man, the only mediator between God and man (Matt. 1:23-25, I Tim. 2:5, Phil. 2:5-7).
- We believe that all have sinned and are under the condemnation of death (Rom. 3:23; 6:23).
- We believe that Jesus, according to the will of God the Father, offered Himself as a substitutionary sacrifice and that all who believe in Him have eternal life. On the cross, Jesus defeated evil, sin, and death. He shed His blood so that those who repent and believe will have life in Him as their Lord and Savior (John 3:1, Rom. 10:9-10).
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith and that true faith in the gospel will be made evident by a life of godliness, which is only possible by walking with the Holy Spirit and by participation with the community of the saints (Acts 2:42, Eph. 2:10, Phil. 2:12, Heb. 10:25).
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus as the first fruits of our resurrection and His ascension into heaven to the right hand of the Father. We look forward in hope to His second coming in glory (I Cor. 15:3-8, II Pet. 3).
- We believe that baptism is a faithful response to God’s grace, signifying one’s identification with Christ and His church and that the church’s privilege is to commune with the triune God and His people in celebrating the Lord’s Supper (Acts 2:3).
- We believe that the church is the pillar and foundation of the truth, sharing in God’s redemptive mission through
proclamationof the gospel by word and deed, resulting in transformed lives committed to God’s glory. The church is the community where the people of God share their lives in fellowship with God and each other (I Tim. 3:15, Matt. 28:19-20).
- We believe in a coming Great Day where all people—the living and the dead—will stand before God in order to hear His verdict concerning their eternal destiny, either heaven or hell (Rev. 20:11-15, I Cor. 3:12-15).